The problem with the data source approach is that I got it working with h2 in
the past, but I have never managed to get it working for sqlserver/jtds. I
tried the jtds feature but never got it to work. After various attempts I
was told to just get it working via plain Java, which I can understand as
I've been trying for a few weeks now with little success. I've not tried the
fragment approach as I am out of time for adding extras. I just need the
minimum working and can revisit it later on.