Okay, I could'nt break it. So thats great..

 But I cannot get it to aggregate features into the kar..?

I've tried adding, but it does nothing.
   <configuration>

        <aggregateFeatures>true</aggregateFeatures>
   </configuration>

<plugin>
    <groupId>org.apache.karaf.tooling</groupId>
    <artifactId>karaf-maven-plugin</artifactId>
    <extensions>true</extensions>
    <version>${karaf.version}</version>
    <executions>
        <execution>
            <id>kar</id>
            <goals>
                <goal>kar</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>

<featuresFile>${basedir}/src/features/features-repo.xml</featuresFile>
            </configuration>

        </execution>
        <execution>
            <id>generate-features-file</id>
            <phase>generate-resources</phase>
            <goals>
                <goal>features-generate-descriptor</goal>
            </goals>
        </execution>
    </executions>
    <configuration>
        <aggregateFeatures>true</aggregateFeatures>
        <enableGeneration>true</enableGeneration>
   </configuration>
</plugin>