I've got a Karaf-based service.
Whenever I deploy a new revision of my service, I need to execute some code
only at the very first startup.
I have this first-time functionality available as a Karaf command which I
currently run manually each time right after startup after a new deployment.
I'd like to automate this.

I'm thinking of using a marker file somewhere to indicate "first startup".
I'd have a new bundle checking for this file when it starts up. When it detect
the file, the bundle executes my business logic initialization and then deletes
the marker file.

Or, is there something better for this scenario?

-Max