Hi,

My comments:

1. The utests are under the bundle developer scope, the itests could be
either dev or devops. Most of the time, dev provides itests testing the
behavior, whereas devops provides itests more for the deployment.

2. it could be in the project, as a separate modules, as the itests
might depends of the bundles version/behavior.

3. if the itest fail due to a configuration issue, it's probably because
the features are not closed/complete. The features should also install a
default running configuration. Or the itests doesn't override the
configuration correctly.

4. No problem about Jenkins/CI and PaxExam: from a Jenkins perspective,
itests are regular tests.

By the way, we are using PaxExam in Karaf itself and other projects (Pax
Web, Cellar, Decanter, etc).