OSGi enRoute is a project aimed at getting users with little/no OSGi experience
familiar with OSGi specifications and best practices. It produces bundles and
repository indexes, but it is not itself a runtime.

The project is deliberately not opinionated about server platforms, and so it
doesn’t use Karaf or any other platform. Instead it resolves and assembles the
bundles you need based on your application requirements (using the standard
OSGi resolver model and your build dependencies). The output is a standalone
executable JAR so that the code can be easily run and debugged.

If someone wanted to describe how to export a KAR/feature, or to add a Karaf
exporter to the bnd-export-maven-plugin then it shouldn’t be difficult, it is
only Maven after all!

Tim