Hi Tim, hi JB,

sorry for not being clear enough...

As written in my initial post / mail the call to
"SAXParserFactory.newInstance();" works for me as expected.

After reading
https://osgi.org/javadoc/r4v41/org/osgi/util/xml/XMLParserActivator.html I
just want to know

* if anyone knows about a bundle that provides a SAXParserFactory OSGi
service (as the specification exist for a long time my assumption has been
that there exist already bundles that expose the SAXParserFactory as an
OSGi service) and could point me to

* if it is safe to use "SAXParserFactory.newInstance();" static method call
or are there any reasons not to use it

* if "SAXParserFactory.newInstance();" works as expected in all the cases
why that specification at all

The last point "why that specification exist" leads me to the assumption
that it is perhaps better to rely on an OSGi service instead of that static
method.

If I had not read the document, I would not have questioned that static
method.

Regards,
Markus