Hi,

starting from 4.2.2, the zip-compressed assemblies get installed/deployed
twice.

This new behaviour is related to a change in
karaf\tooling\karaf-maven-plugin\src\main\java\org\apache\karaf\tooling\ArchiveMojo.java

This happens when installing a simple/unchanged karaf-assembly-archetype-based
artifact:

[INFO] --- maven-install-plugin:3.0.0-M1:install (default-install) @ assembly
---
[INFO] Installing D:\project\target\assembly-1.0-SNAPSHOT.zip to
D:\maven-repo\groupId\assembly\1.0-SNAPSHOT\assembly-1.0-SNAPSHOT.zip
[INFO] Installing D:\project\pom.xml to
D:\maven-repo\groupId\xxax\1.0-SNAPSHOT\assembly-1.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
[INFO] Installing D:\project\target\assembly-1.0-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz to
D:\maven-repo\groupId\assembly\1.0-SNAPSHOT\assembly-1.0-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz
[INFO] Installing D:\project\target\assembly-1.0-SNAPSHOT.zip to
D:\maven-repo\groupId\assembly\1.0-SNAPSHOT\assembly-1.0-SNAPSHOT.zip

The zip is installed/written twice. This is not an immediate problem, but the
same happens with the maven-deploy-plugin - maven tries to upload twice, and
that fails when release artifacts may not get overwritten in a repository

One workaround is setting attach to false in the plugin configuration, then
only the zip and pom get deployed/installed, and not the attached artifacts.
When I want both the zip and tar.gz in my repo I'm out of luck.

Setting archiveZip to false does not work - the the tar.gz archive gets
installed/deployed twice, once as project artifact, once as attached Artifact.

Best regards,

Oliver