> You should remove fileinstall from etc/startup.properties to remove it.

So how would I do that from a maven build? We're using the karaf maven plugin,
so the startup.properties file gets generated automagically. I'm guessing I'd
have to either put a version of it in my filtered_resources/etc or
unfiltered_resources/etc direct and hope that overwrites, or put a post process
step in to remove the line?

Anyway. That gives me a method of experimentation which is good. I'll probably
worry about how to do it properly if I can get my preferred solution working
otherwise.