Hi Alex,

Maybe you missed my latest message about release schedule.

4.3.0.RC1 is plan before the end of this year.

It's already in good shape on my PR:

https://github.com/apache/karaf/pull/995

The assembly/distribution is working with R7.

To be able to merge the PR and move forward on 4.3.0.RC1 release, I have
to fix some tests (utests/itests).