> You just need the docker daemon running on the same machine where Karaf is
> running: docker feature interacts with the docker daemon (it could be remote
> also).
> You can pass the URL as argument, for instance docker:provision —url
> http://localhost:2375

Thanks! ("help docker:provision" doesn't work in 4.2.8 because of the
InvocationTargetException issue (known issue, I know))

Side note: dockerd on GNU/Linux by default doesn't listen to any IP ports,
but only to a domain socket, see e.g. https://stackoverflow.com/a/52170405

Configuring dockerd to listen to a port is only a google search away,
but it may simplify things if the karaf docker support tries connecting
to the domain socket by default...?

Should I make a JIRA for using domain socket by default on GNU/linux?

On the docker:provision: it seemed that the first docker:provision <name>
did the right thing, but the second "docker:provision" just pulled the
the image the first provision had made:
 karaf@root()> docker:provision ukelonn-demo
 {"status":"Pulling from library/java","id":"8-jre-alpine"}
 {"status":"Digest:
sha256:6a8cbe4335d1a5711a52912b684e30d6dbfab681a6733440ff7241b05a5deefd"}
 {"status":"Status: Image is up to date for java:8-jre-alpine"}
 karaf@root()>

It also looks like docker:provision always uses the same docker image:
java:8-jre-alpine?

Is there a way to flush what docker:provision has made?
And is there a way to extract the image docker:provision has made and
make it into something that can be pushed to dockerhub?

Or do I need to look at more traditional docker image building, using a
Dockerfile?

Thanks!