A simple example with camel and Karaf 4.2.9:

karaf@root()> camel:component-list "a'b"
Error executing command: unexpected EOT looking for matching quote: '
karaf@root()> camel:component-list "a\'b"
Camel context a\'b not found.

Without a quote "a'b" is invalid.
With a backslash, "a\'b" is valid, however, the command "sees" the backslash
(and I don't think every command should handle quoting in an argument?)

If I use a native gogo(jline?) command, it's working:

karaf@root()> echo "a\'b"
a'b