> Hello Steinar.
> I suggest checking out the featuresProcessing capability
> in karaf-maven-plugin. Not sure if it can achieve your objective...
> For example I have this in karaf-maven-plugin:
> <featuresProcessing>${project.basedir}/features-processing.xml</featuresProcessing>
> and use the following  features-processing.xml to replace a bundle

Thanks! I looked into this... but I wasn't sure if changing the
start-level for an existing bundle is what it was intended for... or even
if it would work.

But I have had real success with lowering the start level of
spifly.dynamic.bundle 1.3.6 to something lower than the liquibase-core
bundle (which starts at start level 40).

So I have created a Jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-7843

And also a PR to do what the Jira says.

I think what was happening when I started spifly.dynamic.bundle 1.3.7 as
a bundle in my feature, it was initially started at the requested start
level, but then it was evicted when shiro loads the spifly feature, and
replaced with the spifly.dynamic.bundle 1.3.7 at start level 80.