HI Jason,
I would strongly recommend upgrading to Kudu 1.3.1 as 1.3.0 has a serious
data-loss bug related to re-replication. Please see https://kudu.apache.org/
releases/1.3.1/docs/release_notes.html (if you are using the Cloudera
version of 1.3.0, no need to worry because it includes the fix for that
bug).

In 1.3.0 and 1.3.1 you should be able to use the "kudu fs check" tool to
see if you have orphaned blocks. If you do, you could use the --repair
argument to that tool to repair it if you bring your tablet server offline.

That said, Kudu uses hole punching to delete data and the same container
files may remain open even after removing data. After dropping tables, you
should see disk usage at the file system level drop.

I'm not sure that I've answered all your questions. If you have specific
concerns, please let us know what you are worried about.

Mike