Hi Andrew and Alexey,

thanks for taking the time to answer.

>Interesting. Just to be sure, was that seen on one tserver, or did you see
them across all of them?
I did not look at all tservers at the time but it was one or two out of
five so this could be a reason if one of more tservers had remaining work.
The inserted_rows metric was steady at zero though.

>Did you verified the client didn't report any errors during data
ingestion?  Most likely you did, but I just wanted to make sure. BTW, what
kind of client did you use for the data ingestion?
I don't remember seeing any errors at the client side. I used 4 parallell
impala jobs as clients. When memory was not constrained I could see
ingestion rates steady around 1.5 million rows / second. After a while
(couple of hours perhaps), the ingestion rate dropped significantly so I
decided to stop ingesting and restart kudu with more memory (after the logs
stopped spinning at the tserver(s) I was looking at). I guess this was due
to a backlog building up and that kudu throttled the incoming traffic.

I could try to repeat the exercise and try to record result more
scientifically.

Br,
Petter