Hi Kudu community,

I'm happy to announce that the Kudu PMC has voted to add Bankim
Bhavsar as a new committer and PMC member.

Bankim has been actively writing Kudu code for the last six months or
so. Aside from various bug fixes, his major contribution has been to
replace the existing Bloom filter predicate code with a more
full-featured implementation that should also be more robust and
efficient. One of the challenges here has been integration with Apache
Impala, and providing a common abstraction that can be used by both
codebases. This work is still ongoing but is drawing to a close pretty
soon.

Please join me in congratulating Bankim!