Thanks, I’ll see if I can find some available cycles

From: Todd Lipcon [mailto:t...@cloudera.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2016 6:25 PM
To: user@kudu.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Encryption

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Jordan Birdsell
<jordan.birdsell.k...@statefarm.com<mailto:jordan.birdsell.k...@statefarm.com>>
wrote:
Thanks Todd.  From a roadmap perspective, do think this will be the recommended
way of enabling encryption for Kudu or should a design be put together for
something more integrated with Kudu itself?

I think for the short term it's the best recommendation.

I do think there would be some value in a "built-in" encryption feature, for
example in order to support things like different encryption keys per column or
per table, etc. It's just a matter of prioritization and the number of people
working on Kudu. If you think the dm-crypt solution isn't sufficient for your
needs, would be great to have some contributions in this area.

-Todd