Thanks Rajat,

I did try that yesterday, however, the hive server was (and still is)
throwing the following error, when I run the sample queries:

Caused by: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: Unsupported
mechanism type PLAIN
        at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransport.sendAndThrowMessage(TSaslTransport.java:230)
        at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport.handleSaslStartMessage(TSaslServerTransport.java:138)
        at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransport.open(TSaslTransport.java:262)
        at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport.open(TSaslServerTransport.java:41)
        at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport$Factory.getTransport(TSaslServerTransport.java:216)
        ... 10 more

So, I wasn't sure if the kerberos related properties were being used or
not.  Maybe I'm missing something, I'll give it another try today.

Here's the hive driver conf:

<configuration>
<property>
  <name>hive.metastore.warehouse.dir</name>
  <value>/tmp/hive/warehouse</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>hive.lock.manager</name>
  <value>org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.lockmgr.EmbeddedLockManager</value>
</property>

<!-- Adding in supported storages by hive driver -->
<property>
  <name>lens.cube.query.driver.supported.storages</name>
  <value>local,cluster</value>
  <final>true</final>
</property>

<property>
  <name>hive.server2.thrift.bind.host</name>
  <value>cms02.hadoop.test.domain.com</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>hive.server2.thrift.port</name>
  <value>10000</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>lens.driver.hive.connection.class</name>
  <value>org.apache.lens.driver.hive.RemoteThriftConnection</value>
</property>

<!-- kerberos properties -->
  <property>
    <name>hive.server2.authentication</name>
    <value>kerberos</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hive.metastore.kerberos.principal</name>
    <value>hive/cms02.hadoop.test.domain....@hadoop.test.domain.com</value>
  </property>
<property>
  <name>hive.server2.authentication.kerberos.keytab</name>
  <value>/tmp/hive.keytab</value>
</property>

</configuration>