Hi, so when you do

*-> cd $HOME/downloads/lens/lens/lens-ui/node/node-v0.10.32-darwin-x64/bin/*
-> *npm start*

The UI server starts up after building assets, and listens at
localhost:8080.

If started correctly, it should print the following message at the terminal
window.

*Using this as your LENS Server Address:  http://0.0.0.0:9999/lensapi/
<http://0.0.0.0:9999/lensapi/>*
*If this seems wrong, please edit `lensserver` argument in package.json. Do
not forget to append http://*

*Ad hoc UI server listening at 8082*

Can you see the above message? A terminal log would be helpful.
Also it doesn't matter on the locations, as long as your server is up on
port 9999, the UI can communicate with it.