Hi Peter,
Thanks for your answer.

Yes, our project is base on OSGi Platform profile, just as you said.

And I'd appreciate it if you can offer me some benchmark on any one working
platform.
Not have to be OSGi environment.

Tetsu

             "Peter
             Neubauer"
             <peter.neu                                               宛先
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]          "Neo user discussions"

             ay.se>              <user@lists.neo4j.org>
             送信者:                                                    cc
             user-bounc
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                               件名
             eo4j.org            Re: [Neo] newbie question

             2008/06/06
             13:38

              Neo user
             discussion
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

             s.neo4j.or
               g> へ
             返信してく
               ださい

Hi Tetsu,
Neo4j requires at least a Java 1.4 runtime, and a Java 5 development
environment. We have tested it with Android which it runs fine on
since Neo4j does not use runtime annotations and thus can be compiled
down to Java 1.4 compliant class fies.

However, CDC1.01 (sounds like you are thinking OSGi Platform profile)
does not support generics and would require adaptation in that
respect. Neo4j is probably very well suited even for embedded devices
but we have not really focused on an embedded edition as of now. If
there is demand, please feel free to contact us and we can see if we
can pull that off.

That said, CDC is better than CLDC (we have written a CLDC
implementation of Neo4j) so it should certainly be possible, and I for
one have a couple of compelling scenarios where Neo in small nodes
would form extremely interesting distributed data structures and
information fabrics.

Do not heistate to contact us off list if you are interested, since we
simply did not have time to get around to this.

/peter

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 3:16 AM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am seeking quick answers for the following question.
>
> 1. About the runtime environment for neo4j. Is it possible to run one
> CDC1.01?
>
> 2. How about the performance? Is there any benchmark and profiling?
>
> Background:
> I am working on a embedded project which running on CDC1.01, with upper
> 8MB heap.
> Right now we are using Hsqldb CDC port version. Our database is
relatively
> small, which only support 1000 data.
> Every data has max size about 350 bytes.
> We had considered about Db4o, but it is hard to use and defeated by
hsqldb
> on performance.
>
> Thanks in advance, and
> Best regards,