I think we could add a collection utility that keeps a set of nodes
sorted according to a comparator given at creation time (of the
collection utility). Later we could add support so an exception is
thrown if the comparator is not serializable but for now we can just
do a quick implementation where the right comparator has to be passed
in constructor to maintain consistent state.

I'll create a ticket for this and hopefully someone will see to it
quite soon (we are currently quite busy with the upcoming release).

-Johan