Great initiative, btw have you looked at the
LuceneFulltextIndexService in the same package? It might be able to do
what you're asking for.

By @Overriding the formQuery method you can construct whatever queries
you like based on key and search value (I just altered the signature
to also take the key in addition to value for greater flexibility).
Please have a look at that first and see if that helps you!

Also do an 'svn up' on the index-util component since I committed it just now :)

Neo Technology, www.neotechnology.com