Let me preface this with I'm a total n00b when it comes to neo4j, so
sorry if my question is naive. I'm currently working my way through
the examples found on the wiki (and the mailing list) and I'm having
fun, but what I'm still having a hard time figuring out is
relationships; especially when it comes to the IMDB example.

In the "hello world" type of examples relationship objects returned from
[snip]
   firstNodeInstance.createRelationshipTo(secondNodeInstance,
MyRelationshipTypes.EXAMPLE)
[/snip]
seem to be ignored, in the since that no data other than the
relationship type is associated with it.

But introduce the binding of Role to RelTypes.ACTS_IN and I'm a little
confused. We can index the objects bound to nodes making the
properties associated with them easily query-able, but why do we bind
objects to relationships if we cannot easily query them? I ask this
because I cannot figure out, using the IMDB example, how do I return
the Role object representing "Neo" if I don't know the actor or movie
that the character/role was in. In IMDB example, if the quering of
Roles were a requirement, is there a different way that the graph/
domain could be designed to allow for this?

Kind Regards,
Philip