The names IS_PARENT and IS_SON doesn't really explain which direction
it is, right? A better naming would be IS_PARENT_OF or IS_SON_OF. Then
you would immediately see which direction they have. But if you choose
to go with the father or son naming is up to you, whatever feels more
natural.

Neo Technology, www.neotechnology.com