That might be from the apoc examples. They create an example node
space just to have something in there to play around with (recently
added some KNOWS relationships as well).

Maybe your problem is related to that you have the "depth" setting set
to 1 or something (I think that's the default). If you increase it (+
and - buttons in the toolbarat the top) you'll see more of the graph.

About the view: I think the relationship type view is on by default,
but maybe you could open it in some "Views" menu?

Neo Technology, www.neotechnology.com