...ThreadPoolTaskExecutor#7ec48b77-42 02/03  exception: class
org.neo4j.api.core.NotFoundException : More than one
relationship[DynamicRelationshipType[profile], OUTGOING] found for
NodeImpl#56493...

Strange behavior when calling getSingleRelationship

This is a strange "bug" or some issue we're finding when running in
separate threads.
In some cases this exception is thrown even when the node has a single
relationship after placing a debug point.
In other cases after inspecting the node the is in fact two
relationships of the same type pointing to the same end node but
different node proxy instances.
Has anybody seen anything similar? We assumed Nodes and their
operations are thread safe so we have no particular synchronization
around creating relationships.
We have not been able to create a test case for this issue besides
putting a debug point on that exception and let it run on thousands of
records for a while with operations managed by a thread-pool.