From: Rick Bullotta <rick.bullo...@burningskysoftware.com>
To: Neo user discussions <user@lists.neo4j.org>
Sent: Fri, February 5, 2010 10:41:23 AM
Subject: Re: [Neo] Heresy

Hi, Peter.

Having ported big applications and libraries to and from .NET and Java, in
general, a "rewrite" is the best approach.  The code looks surprisingly
similar, but exploiting platform and framework-specific capabilities for
file I/O, threading, memory management, transactioning, and so on are
essential.

The so-called interpreters/translators, at the bytecode or source level,
generally don't work well except in a few edge cases.

Rick