I think johan just committed a fix for this...

------Original Message------
From: Dmitri Livotov
Sender: user-boun...@lists.neo4j.org
To: user@lists.neo4j.org
ReplyTo: Neo user discussions
Subject: [Neo] Database does not recover after unclean shutdown
Sent: Feb 8, 2010 6:24 AM

Hi,

while initially I was impressed by the graph traverlas speed, Im
curently testing how the database survive after unclean shutdown. To do
so, Im just running my test project as a java console app without
registering a shutdown hook and then accidently killing the JVM via
Ctrl+C or killall -9

First 3 rounds, after such resets, engine recovered lost and unfinished
transactions in a seconds and database keeps running. However, on a 4-th
round, when I terminated the database in process of full text indexing,
I got the following exception on restart and database won't start anymore.

Any ideas on how to cure similar situations - if this happened during
the testing (and happened quite quickly, on a 3-4 round of killalls),
this probably will happen in a production after a unexpected server
poweroff or so.

Thanks,
Dmitri

08.02.2010 12:32:19
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.transaction.xaframework.XaLogicalLog
doInternalRecovery
INFO: Non clean shutdown detected on log
[/home/dlivotov/neo4j-db/lucene/lucene.log.1]. Recovery started ...
08.02.2010 12:32:19 org.neo4j.kernel.impl.transaction.TxManager init
INFO: Unresolved transactions found, recovery started ...
Exception in thread "main"
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.transaction.TransactionFailureException: No
mapping found for branchId[0x262374]
       at
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.transaction.XaDataSourceManager.getXaResource(XaDataSourceManager.java:183)

       at
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.transaction.TxManager.getXaResource(TxManager.java:867)

       at
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.transaction.TxManager.buildRecoveryInfo(TxManager.java:385)

       at
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.transaction.TxManager.recover(TxManager.java:231)
       at
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.transaction.TxManager.init(TxManager.java:159)
       at
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.transaction.TxModule.start(TxModule.java:79)
       at org.neo4j.kernel.GraphDbInstance.start(GraphDbInstance.java:153)
       at org.neo4j.kernel.GraphDbInstance.start(GraphDbInstance.java:65)
       at
org.neo4j.kernel.EmbeddedGraphDbImpl.<init>(EmbeddedGraphDbImpl.java:69)
       at
org.neo4j.kernel.EmbeddedGraphDatabase.<init>(EmbeddedGraphDatabase.java:56)

       at com.alee.voldtest.Neo4jTestApp.<init>(Neo4jTestApp.java:50)
       at com.alee.voldtest.Neo4jTestApp.main(Neo4jTestApp.java:420)