On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 10:20 AM, Laurent Laborde <kerdez...@gmail.com> wrote:
> thank you peter.
> Following the various link, i found http://www.cytoscape.org/
> Look very promising !! i'll try this weekend :)

3 days later, i'm still populating neo4j like a crazy, trying to
compute the collatz conjecture up to 100 millions.
i'm at 63.5 millions, but it's now much much slower than at the beginning.

probably because of the insane numbers of index.getSingleNode on
lucene on a growing index.
i'm expecting something like a billion of node when it will reach 100 millions.

the index is 6GB and the base is 9GB.
The cpu usage is now ~10% instead of 25%, i have a grand total of 9+6
GB of data in the neo4j drectory with only 8GB on ram on my windows 7
i'm now (random) IO bound.

My SATA velociraptor 10krpm is fighting at 1MB/s (not so bad;
considering it's highly mixed R/W and purely random IO)

time to buy a 32GB SSD :)

--
Keru

--