Hi, Stefan.

I always define my start nodes connected to the root node via specific
relationship types. For example,
I might have a collection of people and a collection of cars. I would
create a new node to be the start node of the people collection, and
create A relationship from the root node to this new node, of
relationship type "people".   Then do the same for each other "start
node".  Then, to quickly find a start node, simply traverse a single
relationship from the root node.  Hope that makes sense!

Rick Bullotta