The usecase that was the driver for the babudb index was business (primary)
keys. Since the id of the node is governed by neo4j, i wanted to implement a
faster index than lucene for key searches. Using lucene for other than real
fulltext is not very efficient.

In my  mint neo4j is a far better fit than relational databases to persist
objects graphs, and the key indexing has been sort of a show stopper. And
the more i use ogrm, the more i appreciate the fact that neo4j handles all
relationships for me, so the amount of (error prone) relationship
boilerplate is reduced to a minimum. I agreee that graph databases arent the
solution for all problems, but in most cases a normal OO mapping maps better
into graphs that tables.

What also would be interesting is to see if an IndexService based on for
example babudb can fill a requirement relational tables where used to
fulfill before. I am in the planning phase of an application that collects
readings from sensors. That seems like a perfect fit for a relational table,
but the readings are also interconnected and chained and so forth, so be
able to keep the data in a graph would be a huge gain in simplicity.

-atle

BTW: the references page now points to neo4j :)