Has anyone tried hacking GAEVFS into Neo to see if it works?

http://code.google.com/p/gaevfs/

-----Original Message-----
From: user-boun...@lists.neo4j.org [mailto:user-boun...@lists.neo4j.org] On
Behalf Of Anders Nawroth
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2010 10:21 AM
To: Neo user discussions
Subject: Re: [Neo] Hello Neo4j community. Do you know a fix for Neo4j on
Google App Engine?

Hi Kim!

Kim Soldal wrote:
> We have a problem with deploying our Neo4j application to Google App
Engine. Does anyone know a solution to the problem of Neo4j trying to access
the filesystem for persistence while Google App Engine refuse to allow this.
In stead it just drop our application.

AFAIK there's no solutions to this at the moment.

> We are a team of student finishing our bachelor project in computer
science in two days.

I would love to hear more about that!

> We have made a specialized travel planner framework using Neo4j for
persistence, and would like to deploy this application to Google App Engine.

Amazon is a better choice, see:
http://wiki.neo4j.org/content/Neo4j_in_the_Cloud

Good luck with your project!

/anders

> The application is configured and built using Apache Maven. All
configuration should be correct, but like mentioned above the deployment
does not work due to restrictions from GAE. Is there any way to create the
Neo4j graph only in memory, or to utilize the app store persistance on GAE?