Hi all,

I am working on an application that stores large network data from multiple
domains in Neo4j databases. The object is to allow users to upload network
datasets and then expose them to researchers over the web, allowing
researchers to subset the data and eventually download their own subgraph of
the original dataset.

Many of the operations that we intend to support are covered by the Lucene
and Traversal frameworks. However, we'd also like to perform relationship
lookups in the same way that we perform node lookups since many networks
have data that are heavily centered on the Relationships rather than nodes.
Is there or has there ever been an indexing component for Relationships in
Neo4j? If not, how difficult would it be to port the LuceneIndexService to
index relationships as well as nodes (i.e. how much of the code is specific
to Nodes rather than PropertyContainers)?

I realize that this probably isn't the ideal way to interact with the graph
and that better domain modeling would probably solve this if the framework
didn't have to be generic. But in this case we'd like to support this type
of interaction with simple graph structures with only one type of node and
only one type of relationship since they are the structures that social
network researchers are the most interested in.

Thanks,
Alex