Hi Johan and thanks for your answer.

I think that I have figured out the major concepts behind PersistenceSource
and I have a partially working prototype of Neo4j using Cassandra. As you
stated it, I had to make some minor modifications to Neo4j core to handle my
own PersistenceSource.
I really want to keep my work compatible with future versions of Neo4j,
would it be possible to include back the possibility to choose that source ?

Some concepts remain unclear to me and I still have some unanswered
questions.

- Why do you use a property index ? It seems to me that it is used to store
an integer id / property key correspondence and then use it to store /
retrieve properties. Is it tightly coupled to the way nioneo handles
properties or am I missing something more important ?
- PersistenceSource, Transaction and Command have a clear role in the
xaframework. But I don't really see the difference between XaDataSource and
XaConnection.
- I don't understand the Logicallog and what this process is used for.

Thanks in advance,
Jawad