Hi!

The guys who wrote the REST component are offline at the moment, so I'll
just chime in here for now.

You are right that the current REST API won't allow you to control
transactions: it wraps each request in a transaction.

There's basically two strategies, either you keep a transaction open
spanning multiple requests, or you bundle the operations together
somehow and send them in a single request.

It would be interesting to hear some different views on this topic from
the community - what would be useful to you?

/anders