Is there someone out there using neo4j-utils component,
http://components.neo4j.org/neo4j-utils/ ? I'm the one responsible for
creating the (somewhat messy) utilities in there. Something just hit
me when looking at it: most of the public methods in the code
(although not all) which does some write operation to the graph wraps
the code in its own transaction. I find that to be a little off, since
it's good to be explicit about the scopes of your transactions.

So I was planning to remove all such transaction wrappings and also
remove a lot of GraphDatabaseService references from constructors,
since you now can reach the graph database via
http://components.neo4j.org/neo4j-kernel/apidocs/org/neo4j/graphdb/PropertyContainer.html#getGraphDatabase()
, making that extra reference unnecessary.

Does anyone have an opinion about all this?