Interesting work!  My experience, having ported large-scale
   applications to and from Java and .NET, however, is that
   cross-compilation or bytecode conversion generally doesn't
   work that optimally (if at all, in some cases).  To take advantage of
   platform-specific optimizations (e.g. NIO/raw IO, threading,
   etc.) usually requires specific re-design and re-coding.  It isn't that
   painful to do, surprisingly.  I might take a peek at the source base
   for Neo to try to identify any of the obvious trouble spots that could
   be isolated and modularized.

   The dilemma is that you inevitably end up with forked code bases that
   stay out of sync forever...which isn't necessarily bad, just a
   reality.

   I'll be interested to follow progress on this, as we have a couple of
   use cases where it might be attractive to have an embedded Neo on .NET
   on our device gateways.