2010/6/22, Rick Bullotta <rick.bullo...@burningskysoftware.com>:
> Connecting the two e-mails, is it accurate to say that we shouldn't be
> storing strings > 256 characters or so in Neo?  That could be problematic,
> in that we're trying to store blog/collaboration/activity stream data in
> Neo.  It would be good to know what the hard and soft limitations are and
> why to avoid large strings/blobs as well as recommended alternatives.  I'd
> like to avoid having to bring a K-V store into the picture if possible,
> unless there's one that you recommend (and that is a pure java, embeddable
> solution).

There's no limit on how big blobs you can store, but performance
degrades with bigger blobs. The degradation isn't necessarily
gracefully though, since there aren't really much thought or time
spent on handling such big properties.

I've written apps which stores very long strings (at least several
hundred characters each) and it worked quite well.