2010/7/9 Marko Rodriguez <okramma...@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> > Would it actually be worth something to be able to begin a transaction
> which
> > auto-committs stuff every X write operation, like a batch inserter mode
> > which can be used in normal EmbeddedGraphDatabase? Kind of like:
> >
> >    graphDb.beginTx( Mode.BATCH_INSERT )
> >
> > ...so that you can start such a transaction and then just insert data
> > without having to care about restarting it now and then?
>
> Thats cool! Does that already exist? In my code (like others on the list it
> seems) I have a counter++ that every 20,000 inserts (some made up number
> that is not going to throw an OutOfMemory) commits and the reopens a new
> transaction. Sorta sux.

No it doesn't, I just wrote stuff which I though someone could think of as
useful. A cool thing with just telling it to do a batch insert mode
transaction (not the actual commit interval) is that it could look at how
much memory it had to play around with and commit whenever it would be the
most efficient, even having the ability to change the limit on the fly if
the memory suddenly ran out.