Yes, that is correct. The task should have been explicitly spawned as a daemon
(which would not prevent app from exiting), or canceled during graph shutdown.
It has been fixed in trunk, and we're adding integration tests to check this
kind of problem. We totally missed this with normal unit testing. Sorry about
that.

Also, we had some dangling RMI in neo4j-shell. Fixes for both should be
available in snapshot artifacts and will be released with the next milestone,
as Mattias mentioned.

Cheers,
Andreas