No, it doesn't automatically get deleted. But a remedy for that could be to
add a Index#remove( T entity ) method (which I plan to add) and have a
TransactionEventHandler which listens for deleted nodes/relationships and
calls that method on all indices... it could however be quite slow if you
have many indexes.

The implementation is currently that if you "forget" to remove it from the
index it will be filtered out of the query result silently... but over time
that list of dead entities could grow, if the index couldn't somehow
self-heal, which it definately could... well a lot could be done there.