2010/11/3 Marko Rodriguez <okramma...@gmail.com>

> Hello,
>
> Here is what I would like to request of the new index model.
>
> 1. Ability to getAllIndices().

There's the:

    graphDb.index().nodeIndexNames();
    graphDb.index().relationshipIndexNames();

methods, you're thinking of something else?

> 2. Ability to add metadata to indices that is saved to disk (for
> Blueprints)
>        - need to note if an index is an automatic index or manual index.
>        - if its an automatic index, need to be able to specify which keys
> are being indexed.

There's a shell app which exposes ways of modifying index configuration
parameters... of course it's not of any use to Gremlin/Tinkerpop, but I'm
just saying it's possible to do that, and maybe such methods will find its
way up to the API (although it's very advanced stuff to tamper with index
configuration in the middle of a lifetime of an index, since it could affect
index storage format a.s.o.).

But if there would be a setConfigurationParameter method or something like:

    Index<Node> myIndex = ...;
    myIndex.setConfigurationParameter( "keys", "name,title,whatever" );

it would do what you're asking for, right? Because this exists today, just
not exposed in a method like that.