Christopher,
thanks for the pointers! Yes, I am mainly thinking that the only stuff
required to include "simple" spatial work into the Lucene index
implementation is to pull in the SpatialHepler equivalent, which adds
the "lon", "lat" and the CartesianPlotterField to the document (node,
relationship, etc) being indexed. This should not break anything, and
add a very simple way to get spatial functionality. I am thinking of
the popularity of the MongoDB spatial extension. Not much
functionality, but very easy accessible as part of a "normal" index
operation. Question is what the API should look like in order not to
add too much.

I think this is so small that the help could be added to the existing
index components (when someone has a bit of time :)

WDYT?

Cheers,

/peter neubauer

GTalk:      neubauer.peter