Well done !

Neo4j.rb actually has 3 different API:s
1. Neo4j::Node and Neo4j::Relationship - basic wrapper around java
node, property and relationship. This API could use the rest server.
2. Neo4j::NodeMixin a mapper to Ruby classes with some additions like
lucene indexing and rules.
3. Neo4j::Model - a Rails ActiveRecord like API, includes things like
validation and
support for creating in memory a graph before saving it to the
database ( object initialization matches ActiveRecord-style two-step
Model.new + Model#save creation).

I'm currently looking at using the Neo4j remote RMI component
(http://components.neo4j.org/neo4j-remote-graphdb/) which will be used
as a debug and console tool. For example. currently it's not possible
to open the rails console while the rails application is running. This
might solve that problem.

/Andreas