Kalin (and list),

My lab project for a few weeks now has been an alternative shell to Neo4j.

Coming from a DBA background, I felt that we are lacking tools to do
DBA-work - import/export data, tune indexes, browse the data in an easy way,
and make backups. So that's been the focus for my shell.

It hosts Rhino, so you write scripts in Javascript. This gives you a Turing
complete scripting environment, which I missed.

The API looks like the Java API, but has been simplified, to make REPL more
enjoyable (stuff like auto-commits). I've also built in some support to make
it easy to import CSV-files.

It's available
here<https://trac.neo4j.org/browser/laboratory/users/andres/awesome-shell>if
anyone want to take a look. It's still just a lab project, so be
cautious
if you test drive it.

I've been doing this pretty much on my own, so I'd love feedback if there's
any to be had.

Cheers,

Andrés