On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 6:11 PM, Marko Rodriguez <okramma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So I bumped Blueprints 0 .4-SNAPSHOT to use 1.2M06 and during the test suite
> evaluation, I was getting fatty stack traces being thrown all up in my face
> left, right, and yes, center.

As long as they are not coming from below, there is no reason for
alarm. However...

> My random thought on the matter---Luca and I have been having *potentially*
> similar problems with OrientDB and shutting down, opening, and deleting the
> DB really fast. Don't > know if this is the same issue now showing up in
> Neo4j? The TestSuite will, in general, create a graph (directory), use it,
> close it, open it, delete the directory, create a > new graph (directory),
> etc. Is the OS not having happy good time? Why happy good time with 1.2M05?

I slapped up a loop doing pretty much that - create a db, store+index
a few things, close, [open, read, close] (in a loop), delete, do over,
for around 50 iterations. Using straight up (no tinkerpop stack)
vanilla 1.2M06 on Ubuntu 10.10. No problems so far. I will leave it to
run for a while, to teach my HDD some manners and I will check it
again later. That lock file left behind, however, smells like
crash/improper shutdown (or overlapping instances?). That really fast
open/shutdown cycle you speak of, how do you do it, shell script or
from main()? Does the problem appear in every cycle or intermittently?

cheers,
CG