Three suggestions from me:

   - Prepared index API - where the names of the properties to index are set
   at the index creation, and then you just call index.add(node) from then on.
   This can be generalized to index things other than properties, like some
   characteristic of a connected sub-graph (eg. the spatial geometries in OSM
   in neo4j-spatial). We could include a few alternative indexes that are part
   of the graph, the R-Tree from neo4j-spatial, and various example B-tree and
   B-tree like indexes (like the composite index I started).
   - Full geospatial function support in neo4j-spatial, comparable to
   PostGIS, making neo4j-spatial very attractive to GIS users. In theory,
   everything is already possible with custom traversers, but extending the API
   to resemble known standards would make it much more attractive.
   - Data mining the OSM data model. Open Street Map data is a great fully
   connected graph, but today it is hard to perform custom queries on the
   graph. I think this is really an untapped goldmine. I am personally
   particularly interested in this project. I even started to try add this to
   the Ruby wrapper on Neo4j Spatial (but have not got far, yet).