On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 5:26 PM, José Devezas <joseluisdeve...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Blueprints 0.5 to read a Neo4j graph. I've just come back to the
> project today, maven updated to the latest JARs and now I get this error.
> I've tried searching for documentation on how to set this option, but I
> couldn't find it yet. How do I upgrade the NeoStore to the latest version?
>
> Caused by: org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.store.IllegalStoreVersionException:
> Store version [NeoStore v0.9.6] is older than expected, but could be
> upgraded automatically if 'allow_store_upgrade' configuration parameter was
> set to 'true'.

The changes, as Peter notes, are because of the upgrade of the store
format to accommodate
an even larger number of entities in a Neo4j database. This of course
requires an upgrade
procedure.

To start the latest SNAPSHOT in upgrade mode, you should pass in the
configuration parameter
"allow_store_upgrade" as "true", as the exception hints. A sample way
to do this is

        Map<String, String> properties = new HashMap<String, String>();
        properties.put(Config.ALLOW_STORE_UPGRADE, "true");

        new EmbeddedGraphDatabase("db", properties);

After upgrading the store (meaning successful startup with the above
or equivalent code)
then you *cannot* go back to previous versions - including 1.3M03.
More details on this
procedure are at

http://docs.neo4j.org/chunked/snapshot/deployment-upgrading.html

Note however that your store will be touched only if you satisfy all
the requirements the
documentation outlines AND you explicitly ask for an upgrade, making
the procedure safe
for your data. Reversely, to use Neo4j version 1.3 you MUST upgrade to
the new format.

cheers,
CG