I appreciate the new indexing framework available, and noticed the addition of
a Timeline based on Lucene. I was wondering if this is seen as a replacement of
the original graph-based B-tree Timeline.
If that is the case, I will have serious problems with the software I am
developing, and which uses the B-tree based Timeline in several places where
Lucene Timeline wouldn't work.
I have many (potentially millions) timeline indexes in my application to
maintain sort orders. Almost every node in the graph is actually the root of
one or more Timeline indexes. This works well when the index is graph based,
but I fear it wouldn't work when using Lucene. I don't think maintaining
millions of indexes is something Lucene is particularly suited for.
I didn't see neo4j-index being part of the 1.3-M5 release, so I'd like to
check-up to see if this component remains to be supported.
Kind regards,Niels Hoogeveen