Michael,

I'd be happy to provide this as blog post with an example application. I'll
let you know when the package and example is posted and I'll expand the
format a bit for the blog post.

One could do amazing and accessible things with Rhino on the Neo4j server.
Always check with the RingoJS branch (they are carrying the Rhino torch)
when evaluating the options. Considering the existing Neo4j server web
client together with Rhino and perhaps the ace editor
http://ace.ajax.org/it would be possible to create something special.

Transaction event handlers could be written from anywhere on the web to
one's server in JavaScript (especially in a pinch) and take care of all
sorts of problems and notifications. Because event handlers need to respond
in meaningful ways, parts of RingoJS (http://ringojs.org/wiki/Packages/,
http://ringojs.org/api/v0.8/ringo/httpclient/)  should be considered.
RingoJS already expose excellent APIs to JavaScript for things like email
and httpclient.

Let me know if you would like to collaborate.

Cheers,

McKinley