Dear all,

I'm looking at a problem that could present an interesting use case
for neo4j spatial capabilities.
I've managed to compile a list of natural gas pipelines with their
coordinates, see
http://enipedia.tudelft.nl/wiki/NaturalGasInfrastructure
Its a web of paths that go from gas fields to major consumption and
trading areas. The question I'm looking at is which
points/intersections of the grid have the best reach - ie connect most
sources to most consumers.
Also what minimal additions to the grid could make the most difference
in gas distribution.

In addition to these "conceptual" questions, I also have to solve some
simple problems. The way pipe paths are recorded (lat and lng point
series) they do not meet at the same exact spot (lat and lon
precision), so I need to be able to approximate/infer intersections.

The intention is to build a tool allowing to evaluate the
infrastructure expansion options.

For more info on the gas map see the uber-geeky story of its creation:
http://enipedia.tudelft.nl/blog/?p=6

I would appreciate any pointers/links/ideas.

Thanks a lot,

Alfredas